Structural Engineer / Project Manager
Job Level: Mid Level / Senior Level
Salary Range: $80,000.00 - $95,000.00
Leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm providing innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, firm has multiple locations across the United States. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
Committed to providing opportunities and benefits to colleagues that promote living fully. Through various competitive benefits and programs available, firm supports the health, well-being, and personal growth of its employees. Offering benefit options including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401k with matching up to the maximum allowable, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs.
- Processes drawings received from the architect into models that can be used by the design team
- Prepares electronic drawings with accuracy, neatness, and efficiency using industry software
- Assists in the development of design approaches and concepts on assigned projects with assistance from senior design staff
- Implements design requirements as related by design team
- Performs system design layout and sizing for assigned projects
- Assists in the studies, load calculation, and selection of equipment to fit the project design
- Identifies issues with designs and communicates issues with senior designers and engineers as they arise
- Attends project update meetings with both clients and team members
- Assists the design team in the coordination with external and internal contacts such as owners, architects, MEP disciplines, and CADD designers
- Performs collision changes in Navisworks as collisions are identified by the design team
- Visually reviews plans for defects in design work
- Plans work and performs tasks in accordance with the man-hour budget
- Communicates with team members, project managers, other disciplines, and outside vendors to obtain necessary information on drawings
- Assists in data collection and/or field verification
- Assists with on-site observations during construction and coordinates design requirements with contractors and equipment suppliers under the direction of senior design staff
- Assists the design team in the process of putting a set of drawings into an organized package
- Assists with the upkeep of project design and construction files
- Learns to review shop drawings, record changes, and keep all disciplines informed of details and schedules
- Maintains a continued focus on keeping up with code requirements, design software, and other industry trends
- Assists in the training and mentoring of team members
University – Bachelor’s Degree/3-4 Year Degree – Civil or Structural Engineering
- Two-year technical degree in an applicable discipline plus three years practical experience OR Four-year technical degree in an applicable discipline plus two years applicable experience OR Five years applicable experience
- Must have Revit experience
- Capable of reading and interpreting plans from other disciplines (i.e., architectural, structural, civil, plumbing, electrical, mechanical)
- A demonstrated ability to perform system or project designs with only general technical supervision from the engineering staff.
- An ability to supervise less experienced design team members and work within a design team environment.
- A demonstrated ability to remain abreast of new and current design concepts and techniques.
Note: A FREE Membership or Above is Required to express intrest in working for our clients. If you have not yet logged in you may do so here.