Job Level: Senior Level
Salary Range: $105,000.00 - $125,000.00
Successful candidate will be able to design and document building electrical and lighting systems for a wide variety of projects in a detailed and comprehensive manner. Design tasks include preparing construction plans, calculating electrical loads, reviewing codes, specifying, sizing and laying out electrical equipment, performing illumination studies and energy studies, indicating electrical rough-in provisions, writing specifications, reviewing submittals, making jobsite visits, writing reports, and other tasks. A detailed knowledge of the NEC is required. Requires Professional Engineer regu=istration
- Ability to meet with architects and other team members to determine appropriate electrical systems, location of electrical elements, and preliminary cost estimates.
- Perform appropriate field work to determine design direction, including evaluation of existing electrical components for re-use and retrofit.
- Work with architects, clients, and other engineering disciplines to coordinate systems during design and production drawings.
- Ability to prepare contract documents using latest version of AutoCad and/or Revit software to design and provide concepts for schematic design packages.
- Ability to develop technical construction specifications to appropriately support project design and drawings.
- Prepare design development and construction documents, including coordination with engineering team.
- Ability to oversee, and mentor, less experienced engineering and architectural team.
- Assist in electrical construction administration of the project, including shop drawing review, site visits, cost proposal evaluations, and response to questions from the field.
- Strong written and communication skills are a must with the ability to multi-task – working on simultaneous project assignments, each in different phases.
- Excellent client interface capabilities and organizational skills.
- Enthusiasm and eagerness for continued education and development of new skills.
University – Bachelor’s Degree/3-4 Year Degree – Electrical Engineering
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer
- 10+ years of experience designing electrical power, lighting, fire alarm and low voltage building systems
- US Citizenship or Green Card required
Note: A FREE Membership or Above is Required to express intrest in working for our clients. If you have not yet logged in you may do so here.