Job Level: Mid Level / Senior Level
Salary Range: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00
The Transportation Engineer will assist the senior engineering staff in the supervision of the technical activities required on assigned projects and understands the discipline technical policies and procedures; participates in the development of technical studies, investigations and designs on assigned projects; assists the project team in the scoping, budgeting and staffing of projects and in the production of projects on time, within budget and of the highest technical quality.
- Coordinates project designs with other disciplines to determine equipment needs, implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Coordinates with local authorities, utilities, and municipalities to ensure compliance with construction and government standards
- Evaluates the work of technical staff and provides feedback and/or corrections based on client needs
- Coordinates with suppliers, contractors, clients, and client representatives to determine project scope
- Produces written specifications for project equipment and construction methods
- Performs specific engineering studies and other design analyses using industry software
- Attends meetings with owners, clients, or architects as needed
- Conducts project job site visits during construction to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications, owner expectations, building codes
- Assists senior technical staff in the development of technical documentation, proposals, and presentations to clients
- Assists project manager in establishing budgets, cost estimates, and project schedules
- Assists management in the execution of technical training for less experienced staff members
- Utilizes and assists less experienced staff in understanding company technical policies and procedures during the execution of projects for clients
- Assists senior technical staff in the evaluation of less experienced staff members
- Acts and performs activities inside and outside the office in a manner consistent with ethical engineering standards in the company handbook
- As needed, assists team leader with project assignments, scheduling, and team manpower planning.
University – Bachelor’s Degree/3-4 Year Degree – Civil or Transportation Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil r Transportation Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Must have Roadway design experience.
- Knowledge of engineering theories and methodologies.
- Must be proficient in Microstation and Civil3D
- Knowledge of drafting and design procedures and standards.
- Experience with ARTD, TDOT and MDOT preferred
Note: A FREE Membership or Above is Required to express intrest in working for our clients. If you have not yet logged in you may do so here.